Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashion: Louis Vuitton Speedy 35.

I have a new love in my life. Her name is Louie. She is a 2011, Louis Vuitton Speedy 35. :)


I LOVE her.

So, the bag FINALLY arrived after a plethora of problems with LV (Including me calling because I knew the order wasnt being processed as speedily as it should have, and the woman telling me it was processed and shipping that day - INCORRECT). Anyways it arrived on Wednesday, and I have now carried it for two days.

First, this is the nicest handbag I have ever carried. Also the spendiest, but well worth the expense, wait and issues. I really love it and it is comfortable to carry.

Yesterday, as I was leaving work, one of the teachers in the Catholic school I was working in, stopped me and said "I love your bag." It was my first compliment and I immediately said thank you, and she shared a love for couture as well so we talked shop for a few minutes. Another gal was standing with us, and I almost felt bad, that I was carrying a $715 purse. Then we somehow got on the topic of groceries and I told them about my couponing and how frugal I am and how I recently became debt free. She (the older other gal) said "Thats how you can afford that bag!" (In a nice genuine comment).

She was right, I work hard. I make sound financial decisions, and I havent purchased a handbag in NEARLY three years (gasp I know!) I've been visiting the closet (which did already have some nice handbags). :)



So -- to the bag. The Speedy 35, is the largest Speedy and I hoped I liked the size. The 30, which I saw in San Francisco this past May, I just didn't like the size in proportion to me. The 35 was a little large, but now in retrospect, I love it. :) I am old skool and I keep a paper planner (even though I have an EVO - android-) my coupons (ha in an LV and no longer in my car or home office, and lipstick hand lotion ect. I also have my wallet. I have plenty of room left but its not too big. I think you need to choose the bag in proportion to your body, just my two cents. :)

Oh, I am planning to do a make up "tutorial" I received the nicest emails from one of my fav secretaries from work, wanting me to teach her how I do my eyeshadow with my UD Naked Palette. So -- that should be coming in the next few days. Any other requests?!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy your bag made it to you safe and sound. If this is your first LV you will love it even more after the leather patinas! <3

    ReplyDelete