Sunday, March 28, 2010

A day trip in CT...

So... Connecticut is boring.

I started the day bright and early, with a 5am workout, when I finished working out @ midnight for my Saturday workout. Risa and I started the day with coffee and breakfast around 8:45 at Dunkin Donuts.


I started with a "Lite Latte" pretty good and only 80 calories. I'd suggest it if you want a coffee and dont want to kill your calories for the day. I also had a Egg and cheese "wrap" it was good too, and 180 calories!


After we headed south towards the coast.. however we were quickly diverted when looking for a shopping center (which turned out to be more like a Bed Bath and Beyond)... :( HOWEVER... we stumble upon an amazing slize of heaven. Chimirris Pastry Shop


Seriously this place was your true authentic Itallian place. OMG. I got a Ricotta Cannoli. WOW.... I was soooo tempted to stop on the way back ;)

I also got a lace cookie and almond biscotti, however I havent tried them yet. :) This place also ships anywhere in the US. Hmm... weekly cookie orders for churches... I WISH :)

Now... after this we drove.. and drove.. while taking pictures :)








Ok... now we finally made it to something remotely exciting!!!!

THE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!






a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IcwTHxQ-7zM/S6_Mf9Xf5YI/AAAAAAAAANQ/g5KBLVCo5_U/s1600/Picture+228.jpg">




After the beach we went to the Clinton outlets for some retail therapy.



So... after this its about 2 and were getting hungry. Sounds easy enough to get food. right? NO. Everything was closed or totally sketchy. So about 3:30 we found lunch at this hole in the wall Second Pouquonck Grinder (aka sandwich shop!).




I would have took a picture of my sandwich but i was too hungry! :)

Oh and heres a good laugh. Risa pumping gas!!! :)


Lastly... this has to be the best name for a chinese place... klassy.



So I will end with this. I do not suggest taking a vacation (hell let alone a day trip here. Its BORING.

1 comment:

  1. Try Almondina® - The Delicious Cookie Without the Guilt,T this all-natural, crispy almond cookie has no cholesterol and no added fat, salt, or preservatives and has only 30 calories. Almondina are unique - a gourmet cookie, health food and snack, all in one. These extraordinary gourmet treats are created from Yuval Zaliouk's secret family recipe which has been passed down from generation to generation and was introduced to the market in 1989. www.almondina.com

    ReplyDelete