Monday, December 27, 2010

Looking back..

As I am looking back at 2010, I just say wow. Call me cheesy but I am proud of us. Us, as in Jon and I. :)

We had a VERY successful year, here is a quick recap.

I lost 50 pounds (ok I got a little lax after October..)
We took 2 fabulous vacations, San Francisco in May - Mexico in November.
We shot 21 weddings for awesome clients (on top of many family, senior, engagement and newborn sessions.
We paid off a TON of debt, I predict we will be debt free within 3-4 months (HoLLa!).
We made great decisions to make a secure future. :)

Now... I predict that 2011 is going to be equally as awesome.

I want to:
Loose another 50=75 lb, hopefully by July. This is going to take serious work, and I am ready.
Be more crafty.
Take a few more vacations (including one last hurrah - 5th anniversary) before kids!
Yep - you read that right, KIDS. I can not wait to have kids.

That brings me to a point... Its always bothered me when people ask "When will you have kids, I say... "When I can afford them." I get that side eye, with "You'll never be able to." Well -- youre wrong. We have put ourselves in a pretty good place, so not only will we be able to have kids and afford them, we can live comfortably, as in - feel like taking a family vacation... we can, we can buy toys / baby gear with out being strapped. Now, this is not a point of bragging that we have money, because its not coming out of our ears or growing on trees, but we have made the decision to wait and do it smart. I encourage anyone similiar minded to do the same, and do it when it is right for you. Sadly for us, we need to wait for wedding season to be over in 2011. :) I can not in good concious shoot a wedding after 5 months :) Speaking of weddings, we are thrilled to be shooting Jons cousins wedding in 2012, in PA! Roadtrip! :)

Ok, back to the goals... I also want to be more consistent in being organized. I am, but when life gets chaotic I get lazy.. things get thrown.

I also want to be a better wife. I am so very blessed with a great husband. Not saying I am a bad wife I just know I can improve!

Well --- this is getting a little lengthy - so until next time.

PS - this blog was previously "my healthy mission" its changed a bit to encompass my goals for 2011.. hope you enjoy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment